Forums » FDPL News » Feedback from League Meeting 14/5/14 ***PLEASE READ***

Messages for Feedback from League Meeting 14/5/14 ***PLEASE READ***

Comment Posted by edd May 14, 2014 10:27 PM

After a exhaustive discussion regarding the end of season league cups , format, availability, locations etc. Some clarification and feedback from each team is required.

These cups will take place on Sunday 15th June Div A in Corner Pocket and Div B in Pennies ( I believe! )

The crux of the problem manifested itself as there are teams who cannot attend this date for various reasons.

Please be aware that the league could have been justified in imposing nonattendance fines on any team failing to fulfil this fixture but , common sense seems to have prevailed.

There will be "NO NON-ATTENDANCE FINES" for teams who can not get a team together for this end of season event.

All that is requested that all teams reply to this post before next Wednesday (21/5/14) giving there attendance status AND number of players they can muster for this event. Some teams have already expressed concerns regarding perhaps only getting say 5 or 6 players, given this is the 3rd Sunday in June that FDPL events will be played.

I believe the more information we, as individual teams can provide to the committee, will allow them to structure a day where the "attending players" benefit by getting the most amount of pool on that day.

I believe there are also presentations occurring on this day but as I don't know the exact details, I'd hope one of the online committee members will comment with a breakdown of each itinerary once they receive your feedback.

Please check with your teams availability and comment below.

Disclaimer: this is my interpretation of the events, if I'm incorrect in any of the above, please feel free to correct me.

Comment Posted by edd May 15, 2014 12:55 AM

If u read this, just say yes, just too see

Comment Posted by gmac May 15, 2014 12:20 PM

Message from Andy Oliver Railway Tav. Due to our end of season players trip we will Not be attending the Div B cup on 15th June @ Pennies. Please accept our apologies.

Comment Posted by edd May 19, 2014 07:28 PM

Tavern will be attending CP, 8 players at a push

Comment Posted by stuartU May 19, 2014 08:46 PM

Eddie,you are spot on with what you have said bud,pity teams are gonna miss out on the chance of a trophy,but this was never run like this before,the whole tourney on the 1 day,why wasn't these maybe played on Thursday nights with the 2 finals the last games of the season,is this being done like this because the presentation night last year was a poor turn out.dont get me wrong this could and probably will be a good event,just a sin teams are going to miss out

Comment Posted by stuartU May 19, 2014 08:48 PM

Bowhouse A new signing....Peter Mcauley

Comment Posted by falkirkpool May 20, 2014 04:00 PM

The wellie will be attending with a full team. These cups were asked for at the agm due to all the complaints about existing cups being boring as it was all the same format. Team reps agreed that this was an excellent idea, and these were all on the fixture list handed out at the registration meeting. My own take on this is that teams should have checked this out at the start of the season and noticed the date before arranging their end of season trips etc, however this was shot down at the meeting and it was agreed that no fine should be handed out this year for these cups.

Comment Posted by gemma May 20, 2014 07:31 PM

Pennies Lounge will have a full team

Comment Posted by steveroj May 20, 2014 11:14 PM

Apologies. Carronbridge would like to attend but players have other commitments.

Comment Posted by stuartU May 21, 2014 01:01 PM

Bowhouse A will be attending the Division A cup at Corner Pocket

Comment Posted by pj1876 May 22, 2014 10:58 AM

Due to other commitments and holidays, the Bridge Inn will not be attending the B Division Cup at Pennies.

Comment Posted by edd May 27, 2014 10:35 PM

As requested by the League Chairman on a Facebook post, for clarification, The Tavern will definitely be attending the Division A cup, in Corner Pocket on the 15th of June.

Has there been any definitive decisions made regarding, the Itinerary, Start times, format etc.

Thanks in Advance

Comment Posted by Dazza May 28, 2014 09:57 AM

Having talked it over with all available members of our team last night, it looks like the Crown will be unable to get enough players to attend this event.

I note that someone posted (might even have been on facebook) that it might be better if weekend events like this were played during the winter months - rather than in June.
I agree with this reasoning.

Regardless, it is certainly a poor choice of date with players expected to be playing pool 3 sundays in a row - singles, doubles and sunday cup.

Comment Posted by edd May 29, 2014 05:20 PM

Please see post Santa has put up for info regarding this : http://falkirkpool.co.uk/forums/messages/23333-important-please-read#m23333

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com