Forums » FDPL News » Standard of tables

Messages for Standard of tables

Comment Posted by Santa Nov 06, 2013 10:42 AM

What is your thoughts on the standard of some of the tables on the league ????

Surely for next year there needs to be some sort of standard brought back in as some of the tables are a disgrace.

We played in the bowhouse last night and the table is not for for purpose end of the balls do not even roll on a straight line, the balls where like hitting glass. I know I have only mentioned one venue but there are many who need to up the standard.

What are your views

Comment Posted by falkirkpool Nov 06, 2013 02:51 PM

The table company that supply the wellie are terrible. Cheap cloth, cushions need replaced etc. Its like hitting a brick wall against them though as the table is adequate for a pub

Comment Posted by Sauchie Nov 06, 2013 04:10 PM

The pubs have no chance of getting there tables to the standard of Pennies or the CP.
But all the teams should be made to buy a standard set of balls IMO.

Comment Posted by Santa Nov 06, 2013 08:47 PM

No one is expecting to get like pennies or c p but standard of some tables are a joke

Comment Posted by Sauchie Nov 06, 2013 09:41 PM

I agree with you most of them are murder but pub tables will always get knocked all over the place.
And unless somebody in the team can be bothered sorting them every week not a lots going to change.
At least a descent set of balls would make a wee bit difference.

Comment Posted by Dazza Nov 08, 2013 12:28 PM

Seems that ours now gets moved every week for darts - so it never rolls the same from one week to the next although the guys do try to level it before the match.
Certainly not ideal....

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com