Forums » FDPL News » EGM Wednesday 25th September

Messages for EGM Wednesday 25th September

Comment Posted by falkirkpool Sep 06, 2013 03:03 PM

The Railway Tavern have called an EGM if required for Wednesday 25th September. Details of the letter received are thus:

Section 40 of the constitution states that a maximum of two players are allowed to transfer to an existing team. The Railway are looking to add a small amendment which is, unless under exceptional circumstances.

This has come about due to the Mill Inn folding and 4 off their players wanting to stay together and play with the Railway. The Mill Inn have obviously only played one game and have decided that they would not be able field a team on a regular basis.

As the committee do not have the power to add this amendment to the constitution the EGM will need to take place, unless, the members of the league do not have any objections to this being added. Can all team reps please reply with their thought on the matter asap.

Thanks
Scott

Comment Posted by falkirkpool Sep 06, 2013 03:15 PM

Wellington Bar has no objection to this

Comment Posted by mulson Sep 06, 2013 03:23 PM

Who are the four players?

I know it probably wont make much difference in terms of joining the Railway but would be best to be clear about it in this and future scenarios.

Comment Posted by andyoliver Sep 06, 2013 03:38 PM

railway have no objection and the 4 players would be b hunter zander s quin and shegs

Comment Posted by Santa Sep 06, 2013 03:42 PM

I spoke to Andy at length regarding this as he wanted the commitee to just change the constitution regarding this matter, we as the commitee do not have the power to do this even though he says they have done many times before and that he had my own support as the last thing we want to do is lose players.

Pennies a has no objection to this

Comment Posted by mulson Sep 06, 2013 03:58 PM

I will run it by Lairdy but this is a no brainer as far as I am concerned.

Comment Posted by Dazza Sep 06, 2013 04:23 PM

Agreed. The rule is most likely present in the constitution to prevent anyone getting "cute" and folding on purpose /joining someone else for whatever reasons.

Clearly not the case here.
Its only the 2nd week of the league.

Crown has no issues with the above - if anyone objects (and i dont think that they will) and an EGM takes place - I'm pretty sure it will be a waste of everyones time as I'm sure it will get pretty much unanimous votes in favour of.

Might be worth getting Iona to talk all the folk she has contacts for (AGAIN!) and only ask for a reply if anyone has any objections.

Lets put this to bed quick so the players affected can represent their new team next week.

EVEN IF THERE ARE ANY OBJECTIONS - TWO OF THEM CAN SIGN WITH THE TAVERN IMMEDIATELY AS THE MILL HAS FOLDED.

Comment Posted by gemma Sep 06, 2013 05:46 PM

Pennies lounge has no objections to this

Comment Posted by ricky Sep 06, 2013 06:42 PM

ochilview has no objection to this

Comment Posted by moose Sep 06, 2013 08:46 PM

Hardies has no objections to this.

Comment Posted by Sauchie Sep 06, 2013 09:37 PM

If your voting on changing the constitution I think you should say what your voting for.
So if the rule is changed is it to be scrapt altogether so that any amount of players can move or is it to be changed from 2 players to 4.
Just to keep things clear.
Cheers :)

Comment Posted by Hoopy Sep 06, 2013 10:18 PM

Bowhouse A have no objection to this

Comment Posted by falkirkpool Sep 07, 2013 04:14 AM

Brian the vote is to add unless under exeptional circumstances to the existing rule. Which means that the committee can ok the transfer of more than 2 people

Comment Posted by joke Sep 07, 2013 08:34 AM

Will that be another team with 20 odd players?

Comment Posted by Sauchie Sep 07, 2013 09:45 AM

I joke 20 and 6 turn up.
Scott dont you mean "the vote is to add under exeptional circumstances".
Your statement doesn't make sense to me.
Anyhow why bother why not scrap it.
The less rules the better IMO.

Comment Posted by Santa Sep 07, 2013 09:51 AM

This is starting to look like we won't need an egm 👍👍👍

Comment Posted by Dazza Sep 08, 2013 05:50 AM

Under the circumstances - probably for the best - why waste everyone's time.

Think the rule is fine Brian - with committee override for exceptional circumstances like this.

Comment Posted by andyoliver Sep 08, 2013 10:11 AM

hopefully we dont have to waste everybodys time darren;as santa said looks like we wont need an egm.santa is it just a majority of teams need to not object to the rule for the committee to make a decition?

Comment Posted by Santa Sep 08, 2013 10:18 AM

I would think so Andy but need speak to scot and iona

Comment Posted by andyoliver Sep 09, 2013 12:48 AM

guess there is no answer yet when will u find out m8 just to let the guys know?

Comment Posted by falkirkpool Sep 12, 2013 02:03 PM

El Pennies have no objection to this

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com