Forums » FDPL News » AGM 2012

Messages for AGM 2012

Comment Posted by falkirkpool Aug 16, 2012 06:04 PM

Thread subject: Falkirk District Pool League :: AGM 2012 Changes
Posted by admin on 02-08-2012 13:46
10 Teams in Div A, 12 in Div B, this could change if corner pocket B drop out. Mill Inn would take their place in Div A.
Fees £35 for existing teams and £45 for new teams.
League will pay £200 to superleague to help with entry fees. Money will be held in a central pot and all monies won at supers 10% will come back into this fund.
Chris Hutton is now SPA/IM rep.
Players that pay for IM entry will be given priority for superleague teams over other players. ie they will be asked first to go.

Categories - these will be reduced to one category, consisting of All SPA Cat A players, SPA category B players, all players that play in other area IM's and all players that play for other areas superleague teams. Other area players will not be classed as improving players
Teams will be able to play up to 4 categorised players, two in singles and two in doubles.

A presentation night will be held at the end of the season when all cups and trophies will be presented. No cups/trophies will be presented to teams until this night. All teams will be required to take tickets for this event, details to follow.

A new website will be set up due to the problems with this one and lack of support from hosts. This will be done asap.

Registration meeting on 15th August, and leagues will start on the 28th August. All cup 1st rounds will be held on a thursday night.

Posted by Sauchie on 02-08-2012 15:06
More chance of The Mill no hav'n a team than the CPB.

Posted by scott mcarthur on 02-08-2012 17:14
What happens if the mill also don't have a team ????

Posted by Sauchie on 02-08-2012 17:41
We'll get that dick Neil Doncaster in to sort it out.

Posted by PJ on 02-08-2012 22:06
admin wrote:
10 Teams in Div A, 12 in Div B, this could change if corner pocket B drop out. Mill Inn would take their place in Div A.
League will pay £200 to superleague to help with entry fees. Money will be held in a central pot and all monies won at supers 10% will come back into this fund.
Players that pay for IM entry will be given priority for superleague teams over other players. ie they will be asked first to go.

Categories - these will be reduced to one category, consisting of All SPA Cat A players, SPA category B players, all players that play in other area IM's and all players that play for other areas superleague teams. Other area players will not be classed as improving players
Teams will be able to play up to 4 categorised players, two in singles and two in doubles.

A presentation night will be held at the end of the season when all cups and trophies will be presented. No cups/trophies will be presented to teams until this night. All teams will be required to take tickets for this event, details to follow.

A new website will be set up due to the problems with this one and lack of support from hosts. This will be done asap.

Registration meeting on 15th August, and leagues will start on the 28th August. All cup 1st rounds will be held on a thursday night.

My recollection from last night was that Chris Hutton proposed that you have to play IM to play Superleague, and this was passed - not just that players playing IM get first chance, they'll get only chance.

Posted by grahamr on 03-08-2012 08:03
Finally the league take the super league to heart and finally someone takes the IM Rep off my hands (cheers Hutton) hopefully Chris can raise the numbers significantly and with the supers selection being brought into it this might help.

Not sure what ideas he has but I'm sure he will outline these on here soon.

Seems like a decent AGM for a change *totallyagree*

Posted by Chris_Hutton on 05-08-2012 03:50
PJ wrote:
admin wrote:

Registration meeting on 15th August, and leagues
will start on the 28th August. All cup 1st rounds will be held on a thursday night.

My recollection from last night was that Chris Hutton proposed that you have to play IM to play Superleague, and this was passed - not just that players playing IM get first chance, they'll get only chance.

The rule is that they get priority, if we have 40 IM members and get 3 teams into the 15s we wouldn't knock back the opportunity of the third team. However, I'm hoping we'll have enough IM members to cover the amount of teams we get for each event.

Comment Posted by Dazza Sep 26, 2012 04:21 AM

I think it would be helpful for everyone if the SPA CAT A / CAT B list of players (and elligibility criteria) was readily made available on this site.

As Woody hasnt played internationals for a while, he might well be off / due to come off the CAT B list - I'm sure there could be others.

I had a look on the Scottish site and couldnt find any current info - Also, I am led to believe these are being scrapped - where does that leave the FDPL with the SAP CAT A / CAT B ruling.

Also - I was under the impression that all player squads were to be updated / maintained on the site. This doesnt seem to be happening as the CPB squad still hasnt been posted yet.

Scott - any chance you can get round to this?

If i can help in anyway - please let me know.
Ta

Daz

Comment Posted by falkirkpool Sep 27, 2012 10:47 AM

Hi Daz, just got the CPB lists from Iona and will try and get them on tonight. I heard that about the cats as well that they were being scrapped but I dont know all the inns and outs of what would be replacing these.

Comment Posted by Dazza Sep 27, 2012 05:44 PM

cheers bruv..

We all need to know the score re the CATS....
We dont want another situ like what happened with the Pennies team a couple of years ago...

Im sure i read that CAT B as defined on the scottish site (only place i could find any reference to it) is supposed to contain all scotland A and B internationals past and present. According to that - they dont drop off.... ever

After this week's goings-on regarding elligibily of players and incorrect interpretation of the rules as laid out in the constitution - it would be best for everyone if this was laid out in black and white with all categorised players named for all to see.

Bell

You must be logged in to post a new message.

Proceed to the signup page to create an account if you don't already have one or login if you already have an existing account.

Various icons used from the Silk Icons library.

www.redzoneleagues.com